Instructions forward rolling (mae ukemi)
Instructions Aikido Rolling-Toyoda Center
Most of our classes allow individual requests, enabling you to get instruction on exam requirements for your next test. Classes also usually include free practice time, enabling you to take charge of your own training. This document contains checklists of requirements for each kyu test. When you are comfortable with the requirements and believe you are ready to test, start demonstrating them.
Kyu exercises above (left side of kyu requirements)
7th-1st Kyu Requirements (Testing fee $50)
AAA Kyu Test Application 7th-1st Kyu Requirements
**written steps for all weapons kata above
Open hand Tai-Sabaki video
Minimum Promotion Test Requirements
1. These requirements are a minimum standard for the purposes of promotion testing; this is not a comprehensive listing of all the applications of technique with which you must be familiar.
2. Many techniques have omote (front) and ura (rear) variations which you must demonstrate.
3. Many techniques have applications against both static and dynamic attacks, which you must know.
4. In certain cases a particular variation of a technique is required and is noted above; you are encouraged, however, to demonstrate additional variations.
5. All tests are cumulative; you must be prepared to demonstrate exercises and techniques from all ranks prior to the one for which you are actually testing.
6. Requirements of attendance at Aikido Seminar, Camps, and Instructor Seminars are fulfilled only by AAA/AAI events.
7. All test candidates must complete the following prior to testing:
8. Dojo dues must be paid in full
9. AAA or AAI annual dues must be paid up to date
10. Examination application form must be completed legibly and submitted to your instructor
11. Examination fee must be paid
12. No application for promotion testing will be accepted by the test committee without the knowledge and consent of the candidate?s instructor.
This document contains checklists of requirements for each dan level. When you are comfortable with the requirements and believe you are ready to test, start demonstrating them.